CA-534 Rancho Los Putos

Marker text: Rancho Los Putos
This is the site of Rancho Los Putos, of10-square-leagues, granted in 1845 by Governor P’o Pico to Juan Felipe Pe–a and Manuel Cabeza Vaca. The Pe–a Adobe, erected here in 1842, is still owned by the descendants of the Pe–a-Vaca families. The town of Vacaville, nearby, was established in 1851 on land sold by Vaca to William McDaniel.

Historical Landmark No. 534

Plaque erected September 18, 1955, by Vacaville Parlor No. 293, Native Daughters of the Golden West, in cooperation with the California State Park Commission.

Today in Marker History


View more information