Marker text: Site of the First Protestant Church in California
On this site was organized by the Rev. Sylvester Woodbridge, Jr., on April 15, 1849, the first Presbyterian Church of Benicia. This was the first Protestant church established in California with an ordained resident pastor. The church was disbanded in 1875.
Erected by Historic Landmarks Committee Grand Parlor Native Sons and Benicia Parlor No. 89 and Benicia Parlos No. 287 Native Sons and Native Daughters of the Golden West.