CA-153 Old State Capitol

Marker text: Old State Capitol

Erected in 1852, this historic building was ostensibly intended for Benicia City Hall, offered as the state capitol and promptly accepted, it had that honor from February 4, 1853 to February 25, 1854. Deeded to the State in 1951, it was one of the four locations of the "Capitol on Wheels."

California Registerd Historical Landmark No. 153

Plaque placed by the State Department of Parks and Recreation in cooperation with the Solano County Historical Society, August 23, 1975.

Today in Marker History


View more information