Marker text: ROBERTO-SUOL ADOBE - This historic adobe was built in 1836 by a native Californian, Roberto Balermino, on Rancho de los Coches, which was officially granted to him by Governor Micheltorena in 1844. A larger one-story dwelling was enlarged in 1847 by the new owner, Antonio Suol. The second-story and balcony were added in 1853 by Captain Stefano Splivalo.
California Registered Historical Landmark No. 898
Plaque placed by the State Department of Parks and Recreation in cooperation with the Santa Clara County Historical Heritage Commission, February 11, 1977.