Marker text: LUêS MARêA PERALTA ADOBE - The last vestige of El Pueblo de San Jos de Guadalupe, this simple adobe, rehabilitated in the mid-19th century, is believed built before 1800 by Manuel Gonzalez, an Apache, who was one of the Pobladores (founders). Later owned and occupied by Sgt. Peralta, pueblo comisionado from 1807 to 1822. Both men came to California with the Anza expedition in 1775-76.
California Registered Historical Landmark No. 866
Plaque placed by the State Department of Parks and Recreation in cooperation with the Peralta Adobe Restoration Committee and San Jose Historic Landmarks Commission, August 25, 1976.