Marker text: PAUL MASSON MOUNTAIN WINERY
From the winery that bears the name of Paul Masson, premium wines and champagne have flowed continuously since 1852, even during Prohibition under a special government license. Twice partially destroyed by earthquake and fire, the original sandstone walls still stand. The 12th-century Spanish Romanesque portal came around the Horn.
California Registered Historical Landmark No. 733
Plaque placed by the California State Park Commission, in cooperation with the San Francisco Landmark Council and the Sainte Claire Club, San Jose, June 29, 1960