Marker text: SITE OF JUANA BRIONES DE MIRANDA HOME ON RANCHO LA PURêSIMA CONCEPCIîN - In 1844 Juana de Briones de Miranda, a pioneer latina property owner, businesswoman and humanitarian, purchased the 4,439 acre Rancho la Purisima Concepcion from Indian grantee Jose Gorgornio. The granted extended two miles south, encompassing Foothill College and most of Los Altos Hills. The site of the home that was constructed of earth inside a wooden crib is located up this street at 4155 Old Adobe Road. In addition to raising her seven children, Juana managed a large cattle ranch and was a noted curandera.
California Registered Historical Landmark No. 524
Plaque placed by California State Parks in cooperation with the Juana Briones Heritage Foundation and the City of Palo Alto, March 12, 2007.