Marker text: GUBSERVILLE
Named after Frank Gubser, a German immigrant and barber, Gubserville was an important stage, mail and teamster stop on the road between San Jose and Saratoga. Gubser served as the village's first and only postmaster, beginning July 5, 1882. Gubserville ceased to exist officially when the post office was discontinued on April 15, 1897.
California Registered Historical Landmark No. 447
Originally registered November 2, 1949. Plaque placed by the State Department of Parks and Recreation, in cooperation with Alan R. & David R. Finn and Mountain Charlie Chapter No. 1850, E. Clampus Vitus, April 19, 1986.