Marker text: FIRST CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH OF PESCADERO
Built in May 1867, this is the oldest church building on its original site within the San Mateo-Santa Clara County region. Its classical revival style reflects the cultural background of pioneer Yankee settlers of the South San Francisco peninsula coast. The steeple was appended to the bell tower in 1890. During repairs caused by a minor fire in 1940 the social hall was added.
California Registered Historical Landmark No. 949
Plaque placed by the State Department of Parks and Recreation in cooperation with the First Congregational Church of Pescadero, February 19, 1984.