Marker text: WOODSIDE STORE
Built in 1854 among sawmills and redwood groves by Dr. R.O. Tripp and M.A. Parkhurst. Operated by Dr. Tripp in person (who also served as dentist, librarian, postmaster and community leader) until his death in 1909. Purchased by the County of San Mateo 1940. Opened as a public museum September 7, 1947.
STATE REGISTERED LANDMARK NO. 93
Tablet placed by California Centennials Commission. Base furnished by County Board of Supervisors in cooperation with the San Mateo County Historical Association.
Dedicated October 16, 1969