Marker text: OUR LADY OF THE WAYSIDE - Built in 1912 this country church was the first executed design of architect Timothy L. Pflueger, who had just begun work for James Miller. An awareness of the Spanish California missions inspirted the style, which contrasts with the large commercial buildings and art deco theaters for which Pflueger later became notable. Construction of this Catholic church was initiated by a non-denominational club, The Family.
California Registered Historical Landmark No. 909
Plaque placed by the State Department of Parks and Recreation in cooperation with the town of Portola Valley, September 4, 1977.