Marker text: RALSTON HALL
This redwood structure was completed in 1868 by William Chapman Ralston, San Francisco financier, incorporating Count CiprianiÕs earlier villa. This enlarged mansion with its mirrored ballroom became the symbol of the extravagance of California's silver age. It anticipated features later incorporated into Ralston's Palace Hotel of San Francisco.
California Registered Historical Landmark No. 856
Plaque placed by the State Department of Parks and Recreation in cooperation with the California Historical Society, November 5, 1972.