Marker text: CASA DE TABLETA - This structure, built by Felix Buelna in the 1850s, served as a gambling retreat and meeting place for Mexican-Californios. It was strategically located on the earliest trail used both by rancheros and American settlers crossing the peninsula to the coast. Acquired by an American in 1868, it has continued to serve under various names as a roadhouse and saloon.
California Registered Historical Landmark No. 825
Plaque placed by the State Department of Parks and Recreation in cooperation with the town of Portola Valley, May 24, 1969.