Marker text: HISTORIC CAMP SITE
Here on the banks of San Mateo Creek Captain J. B. de Anza camped. March 29,1776, after exploring the peninsula and selecting the sites for the Mission and Presidio of San Francisco. Here also the party of families, soldiers, and priests, on the way to establish San Francisco, camped for three days,
June 24-27, 1776.
State Registered Landmark No. 47
Tablet placed by California Centennials Commission, Base furnished by City of San Mateo in cooperation with San Mateo County Historical Association. Dedicated October 16, 1949