Marker text: ATASCADERO ADMINISTRATION BUILDING
This building, dedicated in 1914 and completed in 1918, was the headquarters for the Atascadero Colony, a model community envisioned by Edward G. Lewis. Designed by Walter D. Bliss of San Francisco and built of reinforced concrete and locally produced brick, it had also served as a private school for boys, a veteran's memorial building, and county offices. It is currently the seat of municipal government.
Plaque placed by the State Department of Parks and Recreation in cooperation with the Atascadero Historical Society, March, 4, 1984