Marker text: LA PUNTA DE LOS MUERTOS (Dead Men's Point)
Burial site of sailors and marines in 1892 when San Diego Bay was surveyed & charted by Don Juan Pantoja y Arriaga, pilot, and Don Jose' Tovar, mate, of the royal frigates "La Princesa" and "La Favorita" under command of Don Agustin de Echeverria.
State Registered Landmark No. 57
Marker placed by San Diego County Board of Supervisors and the Historical Markers Committee Erected 1954