Marker text: Los Banos
Los Banos (The Baths) del Padre Arroyo was a favorite bathing place for padres from San Juan Bautista Mission during their travels to the San Joaquin Valley. Visited as early as 1805 by Spanish explorers, tis name was changed to Los Banos Creek by later American emigrants. The town of Los Banos was established at its present site in 1889 after the location of the post office of Los Banos near the creek in 1874.
Registered Historical Landmar No. 550
Plaque placed by California State Park Commission in cooperation with Los Banos Parlor No. 206 Native Sons of the Golden West and the city of Los Banos, April 25, 1957