Marker text: Canal Farm Inn
This original San Joaquin Valley Ranch headquarters of California pioneer and cattle baron, Henry Miller (1827-1916), was established in 1873. His farsighted planning, development in the 1870's of a vast gravity irrigation system, and the founding of Los Banos (1889) provided the basis for the present stability and wealth of this area.
Historical Landmark No. 548
Plaque placed by the California State Park Commission in cooperation with Los Banos Parlor No. 206, Native Sons of the Golden West, August 19, 1956