CA-671 Garlock

Marker text: GARLOCK

In 1896 Eugene Garlock constructed a stamp mill near this spot for the crushing of gold ore from the Yellow Aster Mine on Rand Mountain. Known originally as Cow Wells, by prospectors and freighters during the 1880Õs and early 1890Õs, the town of Garlock continued to thrive until water piped from here to Randsburg in 1898 and the Kramer-Randsburg rail line was completed in the same year.

California Registered Historical Landmark No. 671

Plaque placed by the California State Park Commission, in cooperation with the Kern County Historical Society, El Tejon Parlor No. 239, Native Daughters of the Golden West and the Kern County Museum, May 22, 1960.

Today in Marker History


View more information