Marker text: MOORE'S (RIVERTON) - This was the site of a change station of the Pioneer Stage Company in the 1850s and 1860s. During 1860-1861, the Central Overland Pony Express maintained here the first pony remount station east of Sportsman's Hall.
California Registered Historical Landmark No. 705
Plaque placed by the California State Park Commission in cooperation with the James W. Marshall Chapter No. 49, E Clampus Vitus, and the Central Overland Pony Express Trail Association, April 3, 1960.