Marker text: Ghost Town of White Hills - "Eight miles Northeast along this road are the ruins of White Hills, once a mining boom town. A six-year wonder, from 1892 to 1898 the mine produced twelve million dollars in gold and silver. The mineral discovery was one of the few credited to an Indian... a Hualpai named Jaff. White Hills had twelve saloons and two cemeteries. Water was nearly as expensive as whiskey."
Arizona Development Board 1961